Once again enjoyment of our sport has been interrupted. Due to Government restrictions the club has to close from now for at least 3 weeks. We will advise when opening again. STAY SAFE
For the purpose of assessing when and how the Junior TT club section will open we require your urgent feedback on how many players want to return to the club at this present time.
Please text or phone Ted 087 6737872
Club reopens Tuesday 15th September for Senior members only, check 'club night calendar' section for nights available
New Covid Rules for Club
1) In general all participants, players, coaches, and officials must follow suitable hand hygiene,respiratory and distancing protocols.
1b) Responsibility for adhering to good practice for personal protection lies with each club member.
2) Every club member upon entering the building must have their temperature checked.In the event that a reading is not normal that person shall not be allowed access to the playing area.
2b) Every time a person attends at the premises to play, they will be required to sign a Self Declaration Form.
3) Participants will wash their hands upon arrival in the building and upon departure.Hand sanitizer will be available at the entry point and in the training area.Changing facilities in respect of our premises shall be used one at a time. Males (top of the stairs) females (in teachers cloakroom in corridor).
Toilet facilities shall be in the same areas, with one designated cubicle and wash hand basin for the males and likewise for the females.
4) The general kitchen area shall for the moment be out of bounds to all.The drinking fountain at the top of the stairs must not be used.
5) Participants must sneeze/cough into their elbow.Used tissues must be binned or flushed immediately.
6) All participants are directed to bring their own water bottles.Disposable water bottles must be used and disposed of at the end of play.
7)Players should clean their racquet handles with an anti bacterial cleaner on at least a daily basis.
8) Players/coaches must wash/sanitize their hands every time they leave the playing area, and before returning to the playing area.
9) No doubles play will be permitted.
10) Handshakes,high fives,and fist bumps are not allowed.
11) Despite the fact that the club will provide hand sanitizer where required,each participant must have their own hand sanitizer in their possession on the premises.
12) Coaches should avoid hands-on contact, and if necessary wear appropriate face protection.
13) Tables shall be aligned side by side spaced in such a manner that the longitudinal sides of the tables are 2 metres apart.
14)Balls are to be kept in a container of water/disinfectant mix, and shall be retrieved from and returned to, that point.
15) There should be nobody in the hall apart from the players on the tables , and the coaching staff.Coaching staff numbers should be limited to one coach per 6 players.
16)General Venue Management Guidelines (ie Cleaning Protocols) will be posted in notice form around the premises.
17)As we progress with these return to play rules some additions might become necessary according to the requirements of our club and the premises.These can be added here provided such additions do not contravene HSE and TTI directives.
Senior and Junior Table Tennis Club for anyone who fancies a game of TT from 7 30pm, €5 per night, why not come along and try us out. Training nights Tuesdays and Thursdays in Rockford Manor girls secondary school, Blackrock.
Check club night calendar section for club nights available.
Dun Laoire TTC has members from all over the greater Dublin area. The Table Tennis Club is located in the Dun Laoghaire, Blackrock and Southside Dublin area. New members are always welcome.
Our club is presently accepting applications for membership on a first come first served basis.
Applications will be for the 2018/2019 season which will start at mid/end August.
As we do not have the facilities for Senior beginners, only players of Intermediate standard and upwards can be accepted.
In the Junior Section, beginners from 6 years of age and upwards will be very welcome.
Each night a few spare tables will be available on which visitors can play for a nominal sum.
First come first served!!
Dun Laoire Table Tennis Club History
York Road Table Tennis Club has been renamed DunLaoire Table Tennis Club.
Records show that York Road Table Tennis Club was founded in 1953 but rumour has it that it may have started as early as the 1930’s. The Club has participated in the Leinster League, United Churches Leagues and the Bray and District Leagues over the years and many of its players have represented Ireland at both national and international level.
Dun Laoire Table Tennis club boasts an international flavour with current and previous members coming from all over the world.
There is a sociable side to the club also with regular friendly matches being played at both home and abroad for all club members, (not just the elite players).
The club has a thriving junior section that meet a number of times a week and the coaches advise that there are a few good prospects to watch out for in the future. Many of the juniors compete at all provincial and national tournaments.
The club has an age profile spanning from 8 – 70 + and cultivates an all inclusive and friendly atmosphere.
Visiting players of all standards are very welcome to join us on club nights by prior arrangement. If you are in the South Dublin area, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.